BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Boyfriend Proposes With The Xray Of a Swallowed Wedding Rin

Boyfriend Proposes With The Xray Of a Swallowed Wedding Ring
As proposals go it was certainly memorable - but for all the wrong reasons. Romantic Reed Harris placed his girlfriend's engagement ring in a milkshake
and planned to film her delight when she found it.
Unfortunately, Kaitlin Whipple, 20, managed to swallow the diamond band whole as she raced friends to finish their dessert at a Wendy's diner. The couple, from Farmington, New Mexico, eventually ended up at hospital where an x-ray confirmed what had happened. Mr Harris then got down on one knee, presented his girlfriend with a copy of the scan and proposed.
Luckily for him, she accepted. 'I felt nothing at all,' Miss Whipple said. 'I was racing my friends, so there was no way I was going to lose that competition.'
She said she thought Mr Harris was joking when he told her she had swallowed the ring he had placed in the milkshake. 'I couldn't believe it,' she said. 'I kept waiting for him to get down and propose.' Two days later, the ring finally reappeared. 'It arrived this morning and I have never been so excited about my bodily functions,' Miss Whipple, who is a student, wrote on her blog.
'Haha. It's so beautiful and I love it. It was definitely well worth the wait.' Despite the drama, Mr Harris defended his decision to put the ring in the milkshake. 'It's not that small a ring,' he said.The couple are now planning to marry in June.

0 comments: